Friday 27 June 2008

24 down, 16 to go.

I am now 24 weeks pregnant with Mal Jr. 16 weeks to go. 16 weeks sounds like ages yet, but then again, a baby born at 37 weeks or later is considered "term". So really, that could be as little as 13 weeks to go. At which point I am about to start freaking out.

13 weeks is no time at all. We've got some stuff organised, but not everything. We've got a pram and changing bag, and a cot-top changer... but no cot. We've got a few clothes and a blanket or two, and a pack of nappies... but I can't help feeling that I'm missing something huge.

I feel horribly unprepared for everything. I am doing NCT classes but they don't start until September. I am also doing Hypnobirthing with a friend (mates rates, huzzah) and that starts in about a week. Apart from that though, I feel like I know nothing and I should be starting to panic.

Technically If Mal Jr arrived tomorrow he would have a 40% chance of survival. It goes up to 50% at 25 weeks and 60% at 6 weeks. But I feel like I know nothing about anything and won't know anything until a long while yet.

I'm off to find a bag that would do as a Hospital bag. And start filling it up. What with though? Argh.

No comments: