Tuesday 15 July 2008

Drama Queen

Yes, that's me. I have discovered a recent penchant for nearly fainting. I say nearly, as both times it has happened in the last 24 hours I have had the clarity of mind to think "unless I sit down now, I shall fall over unconscious". And then I sit, rather than fall down.

My first error was to attempt to walk the dogs, because it actually turned out that they walked me. I took them into my shop to introduce Yoda to my colleagues. Buddy is already a big hit with them. They agreed that he is much cuter than Yoda. And Yoda is a lot fatter.

On the way back we took the canal towpath (I was literally towed) - full of hooting coots near the lock. Very cute. And then the flight of stairs to get back up to the street where I left the car. I got to the top and my legs felt like lead. I sat down and breathed deeply, trying not to hyperventilate myself into unconsciousness. A lovely, lovely man in a van pulled over to check I was OK. He volunteered to call me an ambulance - I declined because I could feel my composure coming back. But he was a saint for stopping.

The second incident was today. I went home for lunch and I got back into my car to drive back to work, and it was roasting. I opened the windows and opened the sunroof and put the (broken) air conditioning on, but by the time I had driven back and parked, I was feeling woozy and light-headed, and couldn't stand up.

I called the doctor - unfortunately the doctor I spoke to was the one whose usefulness I rate as being about as good as a chocolate fireguard, but she managed to reassure me it was normal.

I feel anything but normal!

Yesterday night I listened to the birthing affirmations CD and the rainbow relaxation CD to kick-start my hypnobirthing experience. The affirmations felt good to say, and I felt that over time they could replace some of the negatives that are associated with birthing for me at the moment.

The rainbow relaxation was something else. I don't remember there being any colours involved at all. I was out like a light before we even got as far as red! I wonder if it will have a similar effect this evening.

Mmmmmmm. Chinese foody smells are filling my nostrils. Mal must have made dinner.

No comments: