Tuesday 8 July 2008

Had an amazing time...

Had a great time at the hotel we went to for our anniversary. Got upgraded to one of the suites for the night - bed was massive, bathroom was bigger than the ground floor of our house, complete with roll-top tub with room for two, rubber duckies a waterproof TV and remote control and fluffy towelling robes. Downstairs had a sofa, TV and reading chair.

Had a lovely treatment where they poured hot oil all over my skin and wrapped me up like a turkey, whilst polishing my face clean. Bliss!

Buddy enjoyed himself too - he went to stay with the mothership who has his sister. We have had a "dead dog" all evening today because he has been so very tired.

On Sunday we had a really good beginning to our hypnobirthing experience. We are doing the class with some other couples, who all seem lovely. I am waiting for a copy of the CD and the book which the kind lady instructor will drop over this week. It all seems like common sense in a "why doesn't anyone tell you that?" sort of way. Watching the video was just astonishing. It was like someone was lying in a pool doing some breathing exercises and just happened to float out a baby. I'm sold. I can't wait to go over the breathing exercises and get properly relaxed.

I feel so relaxed and happy from having had 2 and a bit days off work. I shall try not to let it faze me, and be all "Zen Master" about it, and see how I fare. 18 working days to go. I cannot wait to spend my maternity leave as relaxed and happy as this. It's going to be bliss.*

I've felt relatively pain-free over the past 2 days as well. Long may it continue. I think it's because I've been going at my own pace rather than having it dictated for me.

* I now reserve the right to tell anyone that I would rather not listen to their scare stories, their horror stories, their bad experiences of pregnancy and childbirth, or a general negative attitude. Thank you.

No comments: