Monday 14 July 2008

Yoda and the Chicken

I only have 13 shifts to go! I thought it was 14. Happy, happy, happy day! I have today off too. And the sun appears to be shining. For the moment...

I am being stared at by two sets of big brown eyes - not just the usual pair. Buddy's sister has stayed over with us last night. She belongs to The Mothership. Buddy often stands there, staring at you, unblinkingly, a bit like the chicken from Wallace and Gromit. His sister looks a little more dopey - her ears are slightly bigger, and are more prone to pointing out sideways when she's tired, that makes her look like Yoda.

Buddy knows that just because humans are eating does not mean that he will have food. Yoda does not understand this, and at the vague hint of anyone being near the kitchen, will enter at a canter, screech to a halt, and sit there, begging.

She has much worse manners than Buddy. I am so proud of the way we trained him. I sincerely hope that we have as much luck training Mal Jr to be a polite and interesting member of society.

No comments: