Monday 21 July 2008

There's a first time for everything...

Friday was a memorable day. It was the first time that I have ever seen the petrol pump go over the £40 mark to fill up the tank on my lovely economical car. Worrying times.

Buddy the dog went to stay at his sister's house, and we went to Dorking for a wedding at the weekend. Beautiful day, beautiful scenery, fantastic company, and a pair of very happy newlyweds. I have never seen my father-in-law so inebriated. He had a few too many wine gums and fell over whilst standing still. Quite amusing, but also shocking in itself as he is normally such a traditional, sensible person who exercises restraint and decorum in such situations.

We then went from Dorking to Wiltshire to collect Buddy, and then back home. I made a cake (hurriedly) and then we went out to hypnobirthing with said cake (it was someone's birthday and I had promised cake).

This week's session was all about falling in love with your baby. Which I have been doing, unless he's doing push ups under my ribs. I don't like him much at that point, but I still love him. He seems to like me singing to him. And he is starting to respond to touch too - if I prod him he often prods back.

No comments: